Like many other mid-size cities, St. Louis faces diversity and inclusion challenges that are often overlooked by the legal profession and left unaddressed by the profession’s diversity and inclusion advocates:
- How do mid-size city law schools attract a more diverse student body?
- How can large law firms in mid-size cities better recruit and retain more diverse lawyers?
- What can and should mainstream and minority bar associations in mid-size cities be doing to maintain and build a diverse legal community?
- What can diverse lawyers who decide to build a career in a majority law firm based in a mid-size city do to find the same or greater success and satisfaction that they might find in a larger city?
- What programs and strategies are being used successfully in other mid-size cities that might transfer well or be adaptable to foster a more diverse legal profession in St. Louis?
Please join the Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession, the Minorities in the Legal Profession Committee of the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the Association of Legal Administrators, and AT&T for an afternoon of discussion and strategy aimed at jump-starting diversity and inclusion efforts that will bring long-lasting and meaningful success to the St. Louis legal community.
Featured Speakers and Discussants:
Jeffrey Lewis, General Attorney & Associate General
Counsel, AT&T Services, Inc.
Sandra Yamate, CEO, Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession
Willie Miller, Jr., Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Corporate, Kraft Foods
Annette Hudson-Clay, Diversity Director, Columbus Bar Association
Alan Dorantes, General Attorney-Corporate Real Estate, AT&T
Leslie Richards-Yellen, Chair and Chief Diversity Officer, Hinshaw & Culbertson
Maury Poscover, Partner, Husch Blackwell LLP
James Robinson, Co-Chair, Minorities in the Legal Profession Committee, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
J. Danielle Carr, Director of Professional Development & Inclusion, Greensfelder Hemker & Gale P.C.
Reuben Shelton, Senior Counsel, Monsanto Law Department
Patrick Chavez, Co-Chair, Minorities in the Legal Profession Committee, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Amit Shah, Partner, Armstrong Teasdale LLPBooker Shaw, Partner, Thompson Coburn LLP